Friday, December 5, 2008

Halloween Time at Disneyland: Day Two

We started off our day in California Adventure. The Toy Story Mania ride is really new and there is no Fast Pass so you have to wait out the long lines. We went there first thing and still had to wait awhile. It was totally worth it.


Our stylin' 3D glasses.



It's more like a game than a ride. You wear 3D glasses and have blasters that shoot targets. Here are Eric and my scores. I kicked his butt!


I have mouse ears!


We're caught in the fisherman's net.


This scale tells you how much you weigh in totillas. I was the only one to step on it but I forgot how much. Something like 7000+1, I was holding and eating one.


We found a stage. We love stages! Kelsey did a Disney rap.


I sang a Disney love ballad.


Eric choked on stage and couldn't preform.


Adam did the thing he does best: Celine Dion.


Me imitating the Bug's Life statues.







We wanted a picture of all of us on these cute little benches but there weren't any people around us at the moment. Pretty soon a teenage boy walked by and I asked him to take the photo. When I got my camera back from him and he walked away I noticed a giant booger on the eyepiece of the camera!!! Ewww!!! We really could not believe that really happened. I used a cleaning wipe from my camera case to clean the booger off and then eventually asked a random parent for a baby wipe and really cleaned the whole camera.


Adam and Kelsey love High School Musical so we had to see the High School Musical 3 parade/show. I just think the whole thing is ridiculously cheesy.


Disney has big plans to recreate California Adventure. Here is a map showing what it will eventually look like. Go to this website to read a little more about the changes.


The thing I'm most excited about is the World of Color Show. It will have water effects and pyrotechnics. Like the fountain show at the Bellagio in Las Vegas only Disney-style.


Looking at the plans for Paradise Pier.


Harvest Mickey


Heimlich would randomly pop up out of the bite mark in the giant candy corn and start talking. Everyone in the area would always stop what they were doing and watch him. My favorite time was when he was talking about all the different flavors of the candy corn. The orange, the yellow and the white, like they were really flavors instead of just different colors. Haha!


We waited to get a picture with Harvest Mickey but he had to leave so we were just going to sneak in pictures as he was leaving. Kelsey got a hug but right after her hug the girl behind us jumped in the middle of them and stole Mickey! Rude!


Sad faces after Mickey was stolen from them!


Claude Frollo from The Hunchback of Notre Dame


Harvest Goofy squeezing me!



My friend Joe in the Hook and Ladder Company. I finally got to see him play! He waved and winked at me several times during their performance.


Chip and Dale joined the band for a little show. Adam loves Chip and Dale so he was super excited!


We found a nice piece of ground to rest our feet and watch the Year Of A Million Dreams parade. This is the Bolt float.



Peter Pan pointed at me!


Beauty and the Beast dancing.


Pinocchio float


Ariel atop the Little Mermaid float.


Ursula's float was probably my favorite. It had rich, jewel colors and it looked like she was swimming with her tentacles floating behind her.


Mad Hatter's Tea Party. The Mad Hatter is my favorite character to see at Disneyland but this was the only time we saw him.


Lion King dancers.


Giraffe on stilts.


Lion King float.


Seven Dwarfs


Cirque de soleil performers on the Lion King float. It was beautiful.


Princesses


Mickey and Minnie. The float says, "It all started with a mouse."


After we left the park for dinner at Denny's across the street we came back and had to ride Thunder Mountain Railroad at night.


Exploring Tarzan's Treehouse.



This tree had a bunch of holes in it. Our hands are touching.


I'm tired.


On a train ride.


Kelsey is a huge fan of the 80z All Stars, a band that frequently plays at Disneyland. So we stayed for a set.






The lead singer made a congo line and we jumped right in!


On our way out of the park. Good bye Disneyland!

No comments: