Friday, December 5, 2008

Halloween Time at Disneyland: Downtown Disney

My friend Kelsey has had an annual pass to Disneyland for almost a year now and wanted to go for Halloween before it expired. She invited me and our friends Eric and Adam to go along. On the way down I got introduced to the Wicked soundtrack and all the Miley Cyrus I could stand. Really, I finished my book (Odd Hours by Dean Koontz) and tried to act interested. We stayed with Kelsey's aunt and uncle near Anaheim and got there in the evening on Thursday the 28th. When we got into town we dropped off our stuff at the house and then grabbed sandwiches at Subway (wish I had my camera out at the restaurant because Eric got mustard all over his face!) and then we hit Downtown Disney!

Me, Kelsey, Eric and Adam all waiting for the tram to take us from the parking lot to Downtown Disney. The hedge is even decorated for Halloween.



In giant letters in front of Disney's California Adventure it spells "CALIFORNIA" and they had changed the coloring on the letters for Halloween. "C" is for Christina!


This guy was headed into California Adventure to go to the Halloween party. I just had to take a picture with him.


Disney goes all out for holidays. Even the entrance gates to Disneyland were all decorated.


Adam and Eric in jack-o-lantern Mickey ears.


Kelsey and I in Minnie witches hats.


The sky was overcast and gave a spooky, Halloween-like, effect in the photos. These guys are both scared and scary.



A Love Meter machine. This thing does not lie. If anything it underestimates.


We went to explore the resort/hotel area next. This giant Sorcerers' hat is in-between Downtown Disney and the hotels. It says "Year of a Million Dreams," which is the theme for the year, and it lights up periodically.


A pirate's cove for a pool area? Disney really does go all out. This place is amazing! We snuck in when a family was leaving and had a look around. There was a pirate ship, Skull Rock with a waterslide, a 30-person hot tub. Goodness!



Mural in the Disneyland Hotel


Adam got to hold Minnie's hand.



Looking at the entrance to California Adventure. See the letters all decked out for Halloween? The "A"s are giant candy corn!







I love Daisy's outfit!


A little Halloween vignette displayed during the tram ride back.


Honestly this Hearse with a coffin was in the parking garage! Totally creeptacular!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

I've never been to Disneyland around Haloween but it looks like it was a ton of fun. I loved the pics.

Anonymous said...

Hi... just happen to cross your site... I see that you also love Disney... me too...

Im planning to go to Tokyo or Hong Kong Disney this Christmas. Hoho and I found some stuffs from Hong Kong Disneyland here as well:
disneycloth.cwahi.net

I will definitely take tones of photos there!!!