Friday, December 5, 2008

Halloween Time at Disneyland: Day One

Our first morning walking into Disneyland we were greeted with a sea of orange and yellow decorations.




Halloween Mickey with Kelsey, Eric and Adam.


Goofy had the coolest costume! He had so fun too. He is messing up my hat and hair.


For October through December the Haunted Mansion is transformed to Nightmare Before Christmas style. I love the look of the movie so I was in awe of the decorations and changes done to the exterior and the ride. It was incredible!!!


Close up of the super cool Haunted Mansion Mickey Ears Kelsey gave each of us in honor of Halloween.


In our Haunted Mansion Mickey Ears in front of the Haunted Mansion.


This is an after picture of us riding Splash Mountain. We got super soaked!!! Splash Mountain used to be my favorite ride so I made everyone go on it with me. They regret that. We all do. I had to sit in front if I was making them go on it. It rained the night before so we think the water level rose and that's why we got so wet. I have been on that ride like 20 times and I have never gotten that wet. I wrung gallons of water out of my dress. My jeans never did dry that day. In the picture I'm holding the random guy we asked to take our picture's coffee.


Yeah, we went on the dark, cold Pirates of the Caribbean ride right after we got soaking wet. What were we thinking?


All over Disney's parks and hotels are Hidden Mickeys: an image of Mickey Mouse hidden in the design of attractions. You can buy books written about hunting for Hidden Mickeys. Kelsey knew about some of them already so she would point them out as she noticed them. This cactus may of may not be intentional but it sure looks like Mickey.


For Dia de Los Muertos someone was painting skeletons on people's faces and arms. He had some examples and I chose the one with the sombrero and mustache.


Eric and Adam both got the full skelton on their arms.


Kelsey got the one with flower eyes.




Woody's Halloween Roundup


They had really cool pumpkins carved and decorated to look like almost all the Disney characters. These were 2 of my favorites.


Charlie's Angels


All of us with Woody AND Jessie!


In honor of the new Tinker Bell movie they have have Pixie Hollows where Tinker Bell and all her friends live. Waiting in line to see the fairies was the longest we had to wait for anything the entire trip. It was about an hour. While waiting I loved to see all the tiny statues of the fairies and their houses. This is Tinker Bell whose talent is tinkering.


Fawn whose talent is animals.


Silvermist whose talent is water.


Rosetta whose talent is gardening.


Iridessa whose talent is light.


All of us with Iridessa and Rosetta.


This is supposedly Tinker Bell's house, but in the movie this isn't the same house. As I was saying goodbye to her I noticed she had bright orange lipstick on her teeth and so I quietly told her about it. She said "Oh!" and licked it off unnoticeably.


All of us with Tinker Bell. She was super cute and totally in character the whole time! I love that about Disney characters.


Sleeping Beauty's Castle


Walt Disney and Mickey Mouse Statue surrounded by jack-o-lanterns with characters faces on them.


Adam love love loves Mary Poppins and was super excited to see her.


Mary Poppins even had a whole band and Bert with her! They taught us how to say Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious backwards.



We were really tired and sat on a bench in New Orleans to relax and wait for Jack and Sally to come out. We waited and waited for a really long time for them. We asked countless cast members if they knew when Jack and Sally were coming out and where they'd be. We really wanted to see them! Eric and Adam fell asleep while we were waiting.


No sign of Jack and Sally yet, but Jack Sparrow did come around. He was on the go and wasn't sticking around in any spot for very long. I wanted a picture with him so I ran up to be next to him as he passed. He stopped and looked at me funny and then tried to touch me. He said "That's morbid." I freaked out and backed up. I still don't know if he was talking about my Haunted Mansion hat or my birthmark!


We finally got a tip from a cast member that told us when and where Jack and Sally would be coming out. It was in this hidden little courtyard in the middle of New Orleans. While we waited we snapped a picture of us in the Christmas ball decoration.


We got shooed out of the courtyard and told we couldn't wait there but had to wait out where they'd be signing autographs and taking pictures over by the Haunted Mansion. I was assigned by our group to stay and get pictures of them coming down the stairs though. It was really cool to be there for that. When they came down Jack greeted everyone in his deep, booming voice.


We were first in line to get to meet Jack and Sally because we had waited so long.


My old roommate Angie's dad works at Disneyland. His name is Joe and he is the drummer in the Main Street Band. But he also plays in the Hook and Ladder Company. I kept looking for him whenever we went through Main Street but never saw him. On our way out of the park for the day our group was in line to take a picture at the Jack-O-Lantern Mickey and I thought I saw Joe walking by. I got out of line and followed him and called his name. It was him and he recognized me. We talked for a few minutes and had a friend of his take a picture of us. I promised we'd come watch him preform tomorrow.



We ran into Mary Poppins again. I purposely cropped Bert out of the shot so it could just be Adam and Mary.


I had a crush on Bert. He was just so stinkin' cute and way to goofy for Mary. She's just too serious.


Posing with the candy corn A from the California sign.






We then left to go back to Kelsey's aunt's house to change for the Halloween party...

No comments: