Monday, June 7, 2010

My little Sailor

Almost a month ago I acquired a new pet. A tiny little tadpole. I found him at Lodi Lake while hiking there with my friend Dina and her son Mateo. He was one of the littler tadpoles in the pond when I found him. We caught him in a plastic water bottle and I took him home. I got a big fish bowl and some rocks and made him a home. It took several days but I finally named him Sailor. 

This picture was taken a couple days after bringing him home. 


Sailor is such an active little guy. He swims around like crazy, eats so much and will even sit and watch me when I am close to the bowl. This picture was taken a couple days ago. He has gotten noticeably fatter and longer. Notice his little legs all curled up in his tail.


The day after the previous picture was taken his legs had separated from his tail and are long and free. It's so exciting to see him growing and transforming everyday.