Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Mirror, Mirror On The Wall

One Saturday morning Desirae and I went garage sale shopping. There were a ton of garage and yard sales in our town and the next. We both got some really cool stuff. I bought a gorgeous dresser, 3 mirrors and 4 rings. 

Here is a picture of 2 of the mirrors I bought. I got both of them for $5. They are really tall and really heavy. I had to nail in the backs to the frames and rewire one of the mirrors. Other than that they are in great condition. I decided to paint them a glossy black and hang them above my bed, kind of like a headboard. 


Here is a picture of the finished project. I even made my bed for the picture. That never happens. The mirrors add so much to that big, blank wall that my bed is against.


Here's a little piece of trivia: these mirrors now make 6 that I have in my bedroom alone. You can actually see part of 2 others in the bottom of the left mirror.

6 comments:

Dina K said...

Love the mirrors! So glad to see that you were able to hang them above the bed, they look great!

Amy said...

AWESOME find! i love garage sales. i'm trying to go to more to find great deals

Lori Killian said...

Ohhh. Very chic. Good job.

Sandy said...

I love it!

Melanie Toutai said...

Those mirrors ROCK!

Ashlee said...

Love them! Nice job! You have such an eye for those kinds of things.