Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Froggie!

I have a FROG!!!! Sailor has turned from a tadpole into a frog. More specifically he is a Pacific Tree Frog. Here are some pictures and stories of him changing since the last I posted. 

In this picture you can see that one of his front legs has grown out but the other is just slightly bulging on the side.

The next day he had 2 front legs and was spending a lot more time sitting on the rocks than swimming around.

A couple days after that Sailor's tail was almost all the way absorbed and he was starting to attach himself to the walls of the fishbowl so he was up out of the water. I then knew it was time to drain some of the water and rearrange his home. After I did that I knew he could still climb the walls and thought he might try and escape. I thought about what I could do to cover the top but never did anything about it. That night I came home and checked on him but couldn't find him anywhere. I looked all over in the bowl like under the rocks and in the water but he wasn't in the bowl. I knew he had got out and was starting to worry. I looked all over my dresser, on the floor, under things, behind things. I was freaking out and about to start crying because I thought I had just lost and killed my brand new frog. But I looked down the hall and could see him hopping around on the bathroom floor! I scooped him up and put him back in the bowl. He got a good scolding and some plastic wrap with holes poked in it to go on top of the bowl.

He is a full frog now but still changing some. The dark markings over his eyes are becoming more prominent and his eyes are protruding more out of the top of his head. He's so tiny and I don't know how much bigger he is going to get. He still tries to escape but I make sure that plastic wrap is good and tight. 

2 comments:

We're the Jones' said...

congrats mommy. i never thought i would be auntie to a frog

april said...

hey i didn't know you knew chinese ;)