Sunday, September 28, 2008

Red Jumpsuit Apparatus. Pepper.

My friends Danny and Ashley called Desirae and said they had some tickets to a concert for that night but weren't able to go so they gave them to Desirae and I. We were just finishing up at a ward activity when we found out about the concert, which started in a couple hours, so we had to rush to get ready then go pick up the tickets then drive to the concert. We were starving and it took us a little bit to find a Taco Bell. Then we had a hard time finding the place of the concert. By the time we got there and had eaten we walked up to the amphitheater right in the middle of The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus playing my favorite song of theirs, Your Guardian Angel. That song was great and for the most part they were really good and entertaining. I was just surprised at how much screaming, rather than singing, they did. I thought I knew the band and their songs pretty well. I guess I'm more familiar with their radio-edit versions.

The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus


The lead singer, Ronnie Winter, had beautiful hair.


Yeah, Elais Reidy really did have a bra hanging on his mic stand.


Duke Kitchens





Desirae and Me


The band Pepper came on next. Desirae and I agreed that if Pepper was as screamo as The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus then we would leave. The good thing was that they didn't scream instead of sing. The bad thing was that they cussed instead of sang. Every other word they said was bad and they were crude and vulgar. One of the two songs we stayed for said "drink and smoke" over and over again. We got up and left right after they made a particularly awful comment. But I love taking concert photos so I got a few in before we left.





3 comments:

Lori Killian said...

cool pictures. I'm lovin' them

The Booher Family said...

Dude. You are a serious concert "goer"! Next time you go to a concert... let me know. ITs been a while and it would be sooo much fun. I heard that Weezer will be in concert in the near future. I HEART them!

Airock said...

I saw pepper at X-fest, and i agree. they had a nice sound, but they were very dirty.