Monday, September 22, 2008

Counting Crows. Maroon 5. Augustana.

Months ago I noticed that MY ALL-TIME FAVORITE BAND COUNTING CROWS was coming on tour through the area. Desirae and I were going to get tickets and go to it but we got too busy and never did. Then my friend Bill called me last week and asked if I'd like to go with him to the concert! I was so freakin' excited!!! Like I said, Counting Crows are my favorite band. And Maroon 5 is in my Top 5 Favorite Bands. I've seen both bands in concert and they are amazing!!!

The concert was held was at the Sleep Train Amphitheater in Concord.


Me and Bill


We met Bill's sister Kattera, her friend Amy, BIll's brother Travis, his girlfriend and her friend there. Here is me, Bill and Travis goofing around.


Kattera, me, Bill and Travis.


Ryan and Eric went with us also. Here they are with Amy and Kattera.


Counting Crows


My favorite is when Adam Duritz plays the piano and sings! He is incredible!




Augustana opened for the bands but it took so long for us to eat and park that we missed them perform. Luckily, the Counting Crows had them come out and sing "Rain King" with them. Augustana did the beginning a cappella and then the Counting Crows joined in. It was a really good arrangement and sounded really cool for the two different bands, and sounds, to come together like that.


Both Counting Crows and Maroon 5 are headlining this tour but they trade off which band closes each night. So it was Maroon 5's turn to close. Our seats were up on the lawn area of the amphitheater but while Maroon 5 was playing a couple came up to our group and asked us if we wanted their tickets because they were leaving. Their seats were 7th row center! We said YES! Kattera and Amy went down for 2 songs and then Travis's girlfriend and her friend went down for 2 songs and then Bill and I went down for the last 2 songs. It was really cool to be really close. It let me get some better pictures.


They have a new drummer who is unbelievable! Matt Flynn is on the left, at the drum set, of course.


After the last song was played Adam Levine took off his guitar and threw it up in the air really high. When it landed the top of the neck broke off. He then took of the guitar strap and gave it to someone in the crowd! I was super jealous!



I took some pretty cool videos but for some reason they won't upload. So I'll try again another time and get them up on my blog.

1 comment:

Misty said...

I am so excited that I found your blog! Great to see ya! =)