Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Rainbow Cupcakes

I wanted to make something to take to work this week to celebrate my birthday. A bunch of people there have seen pictures of the rainbow birthday cake I made a couple months ago so I thought I'd try to make cupcakes using the same technique. I made 96 adorable cupcakes. I still can't get over how easy this is to do and how incredible the results are!

Some girls at work are going to throw a baby shower for a guy we work with because he is having his first boy and we're thinking about doing this kind of cake but with a chocolate cake mix and a blue-tinted white cake mix. It's going to be so cool!




I frosted the cupcakes and added sprinkles too. I say these cupcakes are rainbow flavored, because I use a white cake mix and what does white taste like?

5 comments:

We're the Jones' said...

they look so good. i love them. good job christina.

Ashlee said...

I love it! They looks awesome. Can I get the recipe? By the way......HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Dina K said...

These were amazing!!! In looks and in taste!!!

Jennifer said...

i made Isaac's cake with half chocolate and swirl and then swirled the bowl in circles on the counter and it made a cool pinwheel

Tamara said...

These were the best, but you are still so not forgiven for baking your own cupcakes! Who is having a baby at work???