Saturday, August 29, 2009

Happy Birthday To Me!

I turned 28 yesterday. I was lucky enough to be able to go to Idaho to spend it with my sister Lori, her husband Kurt, their new baby Brooklyn and my mom. 

We kind of just hung out most of the day. It was nice and relaxing. 

It is a family tradition that we can request what we have for meals on our birthday. I asked my mom to make her super fluffy waffles for breakfast and lime chicken for dinner. 

Sky and Heidi came over for dinner too and we played games afterward. Lori and Kurt taught us a cool new game called 10 and 2. 



Heidi made my birthday cake. She is incredibly creative and often makes cakes for friends and family. She fashioned my cake after the camera I referred to in a previous post. She made the camera and film strip out of fondant. I can't believe how much the camera looks like the actual one I used to shoot with!





The past year has been really crazy and really fun! I have a new job, a new car, three new nieces and nephews, a new hair color. I've been on lots of new adventures and made a ton of new friends.

The best part about turning 28 is that I don't look it. I'm okay with getting older because everyone keeps telling me I look 19 or 20 years old. Seriously, I get that all the time. But I notice the wrinkles and gray hairs. 

The worst part about turning 28 is that I don't act it. My mom had a husband, 5 kids and a house by the time she was my age. I've got a lot of catching up to do. But I'll come around when I'm ready. All in due time. 

2 comments:

april said...

Happy Birthday!! That cake is awesome!!

Dinah said...

I absolutely LOVE that cake! I wish she lived closer, I would totally hire her for Mateo's birthday.