Sunday, October 17, 2010

31 Things In 31 Days: Take a Nature Hike

My parents and I went to Idaho to visit my sister Lori, brother-in-law Kurt and niece Brooklyn. Since we were so close to Yellowstone my mom insisted that we go for a couple days. It was absolutely gorgeous. The weather was perfect even though it was the beginning of October in Wyoming and the last week of the season for the park. While we were there we went on many nature hikes. Mostly to see the thermals. They are my favorite. 

Kurt, Lori and me walking around the Fountain Paint Pot Trail.

Mud Pots. These were really interesting to me and almost mesmerizing. I could have watched them for hours.

Dad, Brooklyn and Lori walking along the boardwalk.

Mom and Lori consulting the brochure about the geysers and how often they erupt.

Biscuit Basin. This was right by the Firehole River and was incredibly beautiful.

Castle Geyser. Where we sat for 2 hours waiting for it to go off and then realized we did see it go off. Only it was a minor eruption instead of the expected major eruption.

Porcelain Basin. This place is other-worldly. Freakishly barren with loud steamers and colorful geysers. This photo is just a small portion of the valley.


This is only a snapshot of what we did while in Yellowstone. I have a ton more pictures and stories. Maybe I'll post more later. 

No comments: