Sunday, October 17, 2010

31 Things In 31 Days: Pull a Prank on Someone

Some of my best friends, Sky and Heidi, live in the same city as my sister Lori. So while visiting Lori I decided to do a prank on Sky. He loves the TV show The Office. A lot. If you're a fan then you know about the stapler in jello prank that Jim pulls on Dwight. I knew that would be the perfect prank to pull on Sky. My brother-in-law works in the same office as Sky so Lori and I knew their schedules and could pretty easily get into the office and steal the stapler and then just as easily sneak back in and place the jello. It did take a little planning, some lying and sneaking around, a bunch of jello and two days, but Lori and I pulled it off and it was awesome!

I watched a YouTube video for instructions on exactly how to do the stapler in the jello. It was really simple. 


The finished product in Sky's desk drawer.

How we left the office so it wouldn't be really noticeable.

From the thrift shop across the street you could see right into Sky's office. So we used it as our stake out location and to watch the whole thing go down.

Here comes the boys, walking back from lunch...

In the second window from the left you can see Sky sitting at his desk. He was on a phone call when he saw the jello and started busting up laughing. When he got off the call he called everyone into his office and they stood around laughing and starring at it. No one even touched it. Sky even left it in his desk the rest of the day and all night.

Another funny thing is that Sky put a device on my brother-in-law's computer hard drive the night before that would make Halloween-type noises every time he made a sound or movement. So Lori and I kind of avenged him with the jello prank without even knowing it. 

No comments: