Friday, September 4, 2009

Half Moon Manicure How-To

Dina and I saw this picture in a Sephora catalog and noticed the nails looked like nothing we've ever seen before.


I like to try new and unusual things so I tried to find out how to do them from the internet. I found out the look is called a half moon manicure. I tried some different ways to get them right but the following is the easiest and the best.


First paint the nails the color you would like the half moon part to be. I choose Lite. You don't necessarily have to paint the entire nail, just make sure it is pretty thin and smooth. Even if you have to do a second coat like I did. Let the polish dry throughly. Wait several hours even. If the nail polish doesn't set then the next step can mess it up. 

Next tear reinforcement stickers in half and press them onto the bottom of the nail so that the half moon part of the nail is covered. Make sure they are pressed on well so the top color doesn't bleed through. 


Now paint the rest of the nail the top color. I choose Skin Tight Denim Creme. Peel the stickers off before the top color dries or else it can peel off with the sticker. 

Carefully touch up any mistakes if you feel confident enough. Paint a clear top coat over the entire nail to seamlessly fit the colors together. And voilĂ !

1 comment:

Dina K said...

LLLOOOVEE IT!! I will need to get reinforcement stickers right away!