Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Clay Walker Concert

Clay Walker came to the Stanislaus County Fair in Turlock on July 25th so I rounded up some girls to go see him with me. Some friends and I saw him perform several years ago when he came to another county fair, so I knew he put on a good show. Ever since that first concert I have been a huge Clay Walker fan! And this show has made me even more of a fan. We were right in the middle and super close to the stage. There were guard rails in front of the stage so people couldn't get too close and then I was only one person back from the rails. We could make eye contact with every band member. I brought my camera and got a ton of great shots because of being in such an ideal position. I got so many fabulous pictures of the concert that it was really hard narrowing it down to the 27 I've posted here. But these are my favorites and tell the story of the concert the best.

Me, Maddi, Julia, Kelsey, Desirae, Elizabeth and Kimberly


Schedule of events for the fair


Clay Walker!!!


Guitarists and bass player



One of my favorite photos from the night.




His adorable smile!


He really plays to the crowd and they love him



Maddi caught one of his guitar picks! Lucky!


This guy was right in front of me almost the whole time. He was super adorable and he and I would catch each other's eye and smile every once in awhile. Maybe it was because I kept taking a million pictures of him! This one is my favorite of him.


Slowin' it down.





Shakin' things up with leis and giant beach balls!





I swear Clay is looking right at the camera in this one!


Confetti!!!



I just had to go on one ride while we were at the fair...the swings! I love flying smoothly and freely through the air with my arms, hands, legs and toes being cooled by the night air. It is relaxing and exhilarating at the same time.


2 comments:

We're the Jones' said...

I remember going to that concert a couple of years ago. It sounds so much fun.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you've been having a fun summer. The ironic thing is that I went to the Stanislaus County fair with my family, but on a different day then you unfortunately.