Sunday, June 8, 2008

It's been 6 months.

That's right, 6 months ago today I was in a serious car accident with both my parents in Idaho Falls. A lot has happened since then and I just thought I'd update everyone with how we have been doing since then.

The van was totaled but we bought a new one. A mini van. A silver Toyota Sienna. It's beautiful and my parents love it. But we all really miss the big old van.

Lori inside the van demonstrating that there is no roof after the accident.


A picture I found on the internet of the inside and outside of the new van.


My mom was the least hurt in the accident, just bruises, lots of ugly, colorful bruises. They are gone now except for a shadow of one on her leg.

The beginning of her bruises. Believe me they got much, much worse!


My dad hurt his shoulder and whole left side of his body when the van rolled. It took him several months to work through the pain of his shoulder but he's doing good now.

The morning after the accident, hanging out in the hotel room.


Dad taking Mom for a ride on Brittney and Job's scooter.


Dad beating Kurt on the rock wall.


I sustained the most damage and have been paying for it ever since. I was in a back brace for almost 3 months to allow the compression fractures in two of my discs to heal. I have been in physical therapy for almost 3 months now to strengthen my muscles. I was out of work on disability for almost 5 months. I returned to work a month ago but only on half time. I am still in a lot of pain and on a lot of medication, but I'm doing a million times better.

Me in the hospital just after they brought me in.


Wearing my brace while walking with my mom at Caswell.


No brace!




I want to thank everyone, all our family and friends and ward members and even people we don't know, for all of their support and prayers and love and understanding. It means the world to me. Thank you.

3 comments:

Amy said...

I'm so grateful you are doing better. I cannot believe it's been six months!

Sandy said...

I can't believe Amy commented! She always gets there first! I echo her words... so grateful your family was not hurt worse. We love you all!

Kings said...

wow, i had no idea. I'm glad to hear you guys are doing better!