Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Updates on my life

I haven't posted anything in awhile until tonight because of several reasons that I should update everyone on.

#1: I've been out of town a lot and had family in from out of town a lot. Salt Lake City, Santa Cruz, etc. Sisters, cousins, Grandma, etc.

#2: My super genius amazing friend Rusty has been working on my computer and did a complete overhaul on it. I have the newest and best of everything! Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightroom, Aperture, iLife, Microsoft Office 2008, etc.

#3: I haven't had photos to post because while camping in Santa Cruz my camera was stolen from my car during our last night. Not just the camera either, the whole bag that contained 3 lenses, 2 memory cards, and a photo idea notebook that I have been collecting ideas in for almost 10 years. I can never get those sketches and magazine clippings back. One of the memory cards was full of our camping photos. Pictures of my brother-in-law Kurt running into the ocean and playing in it like a little kid. The heart in the sand made out of seashells that took all of us a really long time to collect and then arrange. Walking down the empty Beach Boardwalk at sunset. Night hiking down the cliff to the beach by our campsite. Roasting Starbursts over the campfire. Kimberly's cute new swimsuit. Desirae trying to catch sand crabs and then squealing every time one touched her. Lori and Desirae burying Kurt in the sand. Kimberly talking on the phone to her roommates almost the entire time. Building sandcastles with walls and a moat to protect them from the waves and then being disappointed that the tide never came in far enough to destroy the castles. The raccoon that came into our campsite and hid in our tree. And all the group photos we took with the self timer at every place we went to. That is the thing that hurts the most. Losing all those pictures and memories. But hopefully insurance will help me replace most of the stuff, if not all of it.

Just because I don't have a camera at the moment doesn't mean that I won't be posting on the blog. It just means I have to be creative now. Stay tuned for more updates and exciting stuff!

4 comments:

Amy said...

SADNESS!! I can't believe it got stolen!!! I hope you are able to find a new camera and stuff that won't cost too much. Good luck with all that and I miss seeing you.

Airock said...

I was so sad to hear about your camera :(

remember when we had "our" camera? good times.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sad to hear about your camera and notebook and everything else. That really stinks! So, what's this about being in Salt Lake? Hellooooo...I live there! Next time you better call me so I can see ya!

Sandy said...

Hey Christina!
I hope you had a great trip! I saw you come into church today, but didn't get a chance to talk with you.

I am now blog-tagging you to play "three's company"! You can visit my blog and find out the rules! I hope you play!
Sandy