Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Newest Obsession

I got addicted to America Idol a few years back when Jon Peter Lewis was in the Top 12. I even made t-shirts for my sisters and I to wear with his picture on them! I really don't remember anything after he got kicked off though. Not even who won that season. Fantasia maybe? Before that season and since then I only watched an episode here and there, never really getting too involved. I guess I just didn't want to get my heart broken again.

Until this season...

I watched one of the audition episodes with my friend Newton because he loves the ridiculously funny people. But I still wasn't impressed enough to watch every week, twice or three times a week. Then my friend Janae invited me over to watch the Top 12 guys perform several weeks ago. I was addicted after that! And it's all because of the amazing David Cook. I love his look and his voice and his songs and his guitar skills and even his "modern comb-over." I'm a sucker for long hair! So now I do watch twice or three times a week. And I download all his songs so I can listen to him during the other five days he is not on the television. And thanks to YouTube I can watch his amazing performances any time I want!

I wanted to share my obsession with all of you out there who may not be fans (yet) and hear what you think. But really, if you don't like him I don't want to hear it. Haha! So here are videos of his past 4 performances from oldest to newest. Rock on!

Happy Together


Alright Now


Hello


Eleanor Rigby



Well? What'd you think? Isn't he an amazing performer?!
Oh, I have other favorites too! Jason Castro, David Archuleta, Carly Smithson and Brooke White. But no one can get me like David Cook.

3 comments:

Amy said...

i don't usually like idol that much, but this year there is some real talent! he is one of my favorites too, but i don't have a definite favorite yet. i have to agree with all your favorites as well. jason casto's eyes are freaking AMAZING!

Sandy said...

I like him too! He is amazing!

Amy and Richard said...

I hate to be the one to break this to you, but I've heard better and his hair is ugly.

Richard

p.s. I love you.