Saturday, March 8, 2008

Fenton's Creamery

After we went to the Oakland Temple on Friday night, my parents, Midiam, Troy and I went to dinner at Fenton's Creamery because Troy was really wanting to go. I love love love the place so I was super excited because it had been a couple years since I've gone.

Here's a little preface of Fenton's...It is a legend.
And being the legend it is, it is a really popular place to eat. So popular in fact that there is usually no available parking for a several block radius. Then when you do park and get to the restaurant there is usually a long line spilling out onto the sidewalk. Then when you get a table it is usually inches from the next table which is inches from the next table and so on. Basically they cram a lot of people in there. But the food is great and the ice cream to die for. The ice cream creations are a spectacle and I like to watch as every person in the place is delivered their dessert.

So after me telling you all that you can imagine my hesitation in going there on a Friday night. But I think we were really blessed because when we pulled up to the tiny parking lot there were no spaces open but a group was on their way to their car. So we waited a minute and took the empty spot. Now this was not just any parking spot. No one could have parked closer than we did. (Okay, a handicapped person could have parked in the space next to us) It was amazing!! Never in my life have I gotten a parking spot in so ideal a location at so popular a place. Not even at Wal-Mart. This is is the picture of our new van in the astonishing parking spot and my mom, Midiam and my dad walking into the restaurant.


Mom & Dad

Midiam & Troy

Me & the little kid with a giant sundae

It's kinda hard to see but in the exact middle of the photo is a tall stack of plastic cups that a worker would, every so often, carry over his shoulder to restock the drink station. It was so tall and teetering that we were afraid for him that it would collapse on him or other customers or ourselves. It was pretty cool though.

Pages 1 and 2 of the menu: sandwiches, salads, burgers, etc. Bascially, real food.

Pages 3 and 4 of the menu: ice cream, ice cream and more ice cream. Basically a whole bunch of ice cream.

This is the, already half eaten, Leprechaun's Treasure my mom and I shared. It is a big, ol' brownie, with Heavenly Hash ice cream, Mint Cookie ice cream, marshmallow topping, fudge, whipped cream, sprinkles and a cherry on top. It was fabulous! My dad's cup of CCAC is in the background. "CCAC" is what the place, and we caught on soon, affectionally call their Cream Caramel Almond Crunch ice cream. It was seriously it die for!!! I highly recomend it to anyone going to Fenton's!


All of the photos were taken with my phone so please excuse the poor quality.

No comments: