Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Geocaching Wounds

Last night I fell out of a tree. 

I was climbing the tree to get to a geocache I had placed but needed to check on before it was published. I was maybe 4 or 5 feet off the ground and the piece of bark one of my feet was placed on broke off. It broke off just as I was moving my other foot to a higher foothold. My arms didn't have a good grip so I basically slid down the trunk of the tree. In the process I scraped up my knees, stomach, chest, the undersides of both of my arms, hands and my chin. 

I was pretty shocked when I finally hit the ground. I picked myself and started to cry a little because the pain was pretty bad. I immediately stopped crying because I knew I was alone and still had to walk to my car and drive myself home. And crying wasn't going to help. When I got to my car I quickly used my flashlight to check my injuries. Just a little blood but nothing major. 

So I drove home, walked in the door, and told my parents, "I fell out of a tree." The shock on their faces when they saw me and heard what I said was scary. My mom jumped up and took care of me, cleaned me and sanitized my wounds. 

My arms and chin are the worst. In looks and in pain.




3 comments:

Amy said...

SAD!! ouch!! feel better!!

by the way, i love reading your twitter on the side. i totally do the same thing and warm up by the rotisserie chicken :)

Unknown said...

remember that time i made the (what i thought was a) joke about climbing up the telephone pole. yeah, that's what this reminds me of. EXTREME. sorry you got hurt. that bites.

Sandy said...

Oooh, OWWWW. So sad for you.