Saturday, March 19, 2011

#303 of 365: Scrap Metal

My friend RJ works at a machine shop and has given me a bunch of their old, cool looking scraps. He knew I would get creative and turn them into jewelry. I got 2 of these "Y" shaped things from him so I added some bolts and screws and nuts and a chain. I gave one of the necklaces to my sister Lori and kept one for myself. They are very heavy and the screws can be a little sharp so these aren't really recommended for everyday wear. I tried wearing mine to work today but had to take it off cause it was getting in the way. Everyone who saw me while I was wearing it commented on it though. Most of them were weirded out and didn't really understand it. But I take that as a compliment actually.  


P.S. My boobs look totally lopsided in this picture. It must be the angle of the photo. I just felt I needed to address that.

No comments: